Patient Pre Op List – Essentials for before procedure.
1. Don’t take any anti inflammatory, aspirin, ibuprofen or NAID of any kind a week before procedure.
2. Don’t drink any alcohol the week before procedure.
3. No smoking a week before procedure.
4. Drink lots of water the week of procedure to be well hydrated, as well as week following procedure.
5. Wash with antibacterial soap the morning of the procedure.
6. Don’ t wear any lotion or deodorant or fragrance of any kind the day of the procedure.
7. Get a thick towel or waterproof mat to sit on in the car on your way home, just in case of staining. You can use the same towel or mat on your bed or wherever you may need it.
8. Wear a pair of Granny underwear so that you can comfortably wear a little gauze under them to protect from leaking.
9. Wear dark, loose clothing in case of staining.
10. Bring some warm socks to make sure your comfortable.
11. You can bring your own i pod or music to listen to during procedure if you like.
12. Make sure to eat a light meal before the procedure.
13. Leave jewelry at home.
14. Let your nurse know if you are taking any medication, herbal supplements or vitamins of any kind.
15. Let nurse know if you have any allergies.
16. Arrange for transportation to and from procedure.
17. Take Tylenol for any pain after procedure.